Six community groups have been awarded grants
On 21 January 2021, Responsible Wood announced the successful recipients from the 2020 Small Grants Program.
Responsible Wood Community Grants are awarded for collaborative community-based projects, activities or events that connect communities to Responsible Wood certified forests.
The 2020 program supports local communities to connect with their nearby Responsible Wood certified forests, by contributing to projects that have been designed by the community in their local area.
In announcing the successful recipients, Small Grants Coordinator Megan Graham reflected on the quality of applications.
“This being the first year that we have run the grant, we have overwhelmed by the number, quality, and creativity of applications from across Australia.”
Applications were assessed by an expert panel including Dr Hans Drielsma, Chair of Responsible Wood, David Rowlinson, ‘Make It Wood’ Campaign Manager for Planet Ark and Lou Cotts, External Relations Manager for HVP Plantations.
We are proud to announce that the successful projects supported by Responsible Wood include; building a 21st century wood hut, mountain biking in South Australia and Tumbarumba, cultural burning and education projects in South Australia and Queensland and Birdlife Australia surveys.
Successful Grant Recipients Details:
- Ballarat Region Treegrowers, Ballarat Region Treegrowers – Ballarat, Victoria
- Gravity Enduro SA, Intermediate mountain bike (MTB) tail at Bennetts forest reserve – Athelstone, South Australia
- Birdlife Australia, Field days for bird count survey – Kangaroo Island, South Australia
- Nature Glenelg Trust, Connecting to Country through Boandik Cultural and Biodiversity Education in the Limestone Coast project – Mt Burr swamp, South Australia
- Butchulla Indigenous Industries Group, Mabi Project – Cultural burning and coastal rejuvenation – Poona, Queensland
- Cycle Tumbarumba, Trailhead facilities for Mason’s Hill Mountain Bike Trailhead – Tumbarumba, New South Wales
Responsible Wood will follow and report on the successful projects throughout the year.
For media inquiries, please contact: Jason Ross, Marketing and Communications Officer, Responsible Wood, tel: +61 7 3359 1758, [email protected]