Responsible Wood is on the look out for a results-driven Sustainablity Manager to join its team…
Responsible Wood is an accredited Standards Development Organisation (SDO) accredited by Standards Australia to develop Australian Standards for sustainable forest management and oversees the operation of the Responsible Wood Certification Scheme (RWCS). The Scheme is made up of two Australian Standards, the Australian Standard® for Sustainable Forest Management (AS4708) and the Australian Standard® for Chain of Custody for Forest Products (AS4707). The vast majority of Australia’s major wood production forest managers have chosen to have their management independently certified against the Australian Standard® (AS4708) with over 90% of the production forest area in Australia are certified.
We are looking for a Sustainability Manager who will support the organisation’s strategy and vision through leading key initiatives and projects. This is a fulltime permanent position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
A Position Decription is available for download.
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer deliver the sustainability goals of the organisation’s Strategic Plan.
- Represent Responsible Wood at National and International meetings and dialogues focused on sustainable forest management.
- Effectively communicate the benefits that sustainable forest management delivers to broader society.
- Build strategic relationships with key stakeholders and organisations across the Australian and International supply chains for certified forest products.
- Take a lead advocacy role to promote the credibility and benefits of sustainably sourced timber and forest products.
- Support the continual improvement, roll-out and on-going development of the Australian/New Zealand Standard for sustainable forest management AS/NZS 4708.
- Take an active role in the development of National and International (PEFC) Standards for sustainable forest management.
- Experience in sustainable forest management/ environmental management, preferably at a managerial level.
- Operational knowledge of forest management and/or environmental management standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience developing social and environmental sustainability strategy and related programs, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage effectively with stakeholders and build productive working relationships at all levels.
- Tertiary qualifications in forestry, biology, environmental management, or equivalent
- Operational experience in sustainable forest management against recognised National or International Standards
- Demonstrated project management skills
What We Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small high-performing not for profit organisation with a strong sense of purpose. For the right candidate flexibility on working hours and location is available. An attractive salary package is on offer for the successful candidate.
If you are the person we seek, please send your application to email@example.com